Deep Thoughts.

It's 1.30am. A warm night and an odd hour to be finding myself pondering about the meaning of life and death. Reflecting on the string of less than pleasant news in the past few months, I find myself wondering...

My mum's health (which has me worried. i pray the detoxification method works), then my little god-sister has suddenly contracted a blood sickness at the young age of 21 (she is waiting for a suitable B+ bone marrow donor) and today my mother-in-law has me and my wife concerned. I'm surprised how bad it can all seem at first.

But it's simple really.

"The good news is that life is just an illusion. A playground of sorts for spiritual adventurers to learn of their divinity. Where absolutely anything can happen, thoughts become things, and dreams do come true" - Mike Dooley from his book, Notes from the Universe.

What a way with words. I find myself drawing inspiration from his writings. Here's my favorite : "For every fork in the road, there are often two paths from which to choose ... the one you 'should' take and the one you want to take. Take the second. Always take the second."

I guess in spite of what we see around us ... we must never stop believing. And in doing so, be better, stronger and wiser for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

blood sickness is leukemia? B+ won't get any disease. i think should be B-.

johnhoys said...

u r right...it is B-!
yep...leukemia,just didn't want to say those words :P