Who will be the ZEN Star Chef?

My lunch at ZEN by Secret Recipe @ Sunway Pyramid turned out to be quite interesting. Apparently 2 of the 6 finalists of the ZEN Star Chef Competition were there to serve us. As soon as we were seated, an (albeit over) enthusiastic Alson Khor quickly made his pitch, introducing his creations to us.

Keeping it cool was Trevor Pang, who waited graciously for his competitor to finish before introducing his dishes to us.



I opted to try his main dish, the Roasted Moroccan Chicken with Harissa & Sambal, Curried Couscous and Mix Green Salads. Believe me, it was pretty good! I'm a meat person so this was an interesting blend of something substantial and aromatic.


For dessert I had the Black Sesame Oreo Cheesecake. It was tasty! Trevor struck me as the kind of chef who's not afraid to have fun with his creations. He definitely has my vote as the ZEN Star Chef! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pang and pang ? u support him because he's related to yer wife ?

johnhoys said...

haha..nope..you have to try his dishes and see for yourself :)