The Launch of ScaryEverAfter on Halloween!




In late February 2007, my brother had an idea.

“Why not publish your comics online?” said James and proceeded to elaborate on his grand scheme. We talked about the types of comics we wanted to do. He suggested we do manga. “What about scary stories?” I said. I’ve always wanted to tell dark stories and draw them like the classic horror comics I grew up with, like ’Unexpected’, ’House of Secrets’ and ‘Tales from the Crypt”.

We agreed. I would write/draw the comics and design the website; James would handle the online publishing and IT side of things.

A deadline was set for the middle of the year that we would launch the site. I went away and started drawing. Somewhere along the way we were both caught up in our daytime busy schedules that we lost sight of our focus. It had seemed that the launch day would never come.

Fast forward to Halloween’s Eve. Who would have thought? We finished it in time for a Halloween Launch. And as I stare out my window into the cool October night I can’t help but think if we were being ‘guided’.

To all true comic fans out there tonight…have a happy trick or treat!

http://www.scaryeverafter.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hihi, Your online comic is very coool..... I think I'm going to have nightmares tonight. 'sob' haha....

Anonymous said...

Dude, I really love your comic. I wonder why I dun know your name in Gempak, Fantasi, Gila-gila magazine. Your art are awesome and it is creepingly real..

johnhoys said...

hahaha..be on the lookout..i'm going to publish my 1st graphic novel soon! :)